Friday 12 September 2014

From Herod's Diary,

From Herod's Diary
Today, an innocent man will die. I've seen it happen before. These Jews are so riotous that we have to do almost anything to keep them calm. But today, it wont be my fault. They brought him in, all tattered and bruised. I asked him questions, dared him to confirm the charges against him, but he said nothing. He looked up and stared at me, and I knew he could see into my soul. I tried to make jest of the situationby saying he should perform some miracles for us, but... those eyes. They remind me of just one person- John the Baptist. I was NOT going to let that incidence happen again. I was NOT going to allow myself to be baited into that kind of situation again. But I know this man will die. The lust for his blood is written clearly over the faces of these pharisees.
Let them condemn him themselves. I will have nothing to do with                                                               this man

No comments:

Post a Comment