Thursday 17 September 2015

From the diaries of...

From the diaries of Jeremiah.
I sit in a caravan, on my way to the city of Chaldea, the land of the Babylonians. I have not seen Baruch since I left, but I believe the Lord that he is well.
It has been three days since the fall of Jerusalem. Blood and fire painted her streets as the word of the Lord was fulfilled.
I weep for my people. For more than twenty three years, I spoke to them, warned them of the coming destruction. Their sin had gone up as a stench before the Lord's throne. I spoke to them, but they thought that maybe because they were of the chosen seeds of Abraham, the children of Israel, of the promised branch of Isaac, that the Lord would overlook their sins.
My eyes flow with tears.
Oh Jerusalem. Jerusalem!
The blood and bodies of your princes and prophets, of your priests, children, young men and maidens fill the streets, unstaring eyes gazing on the face of unseen assailants.
The Lord warned you, Jerusalem. He spoke, but you did not listen. Your royalty and priesthood could not save you from his wrath unleashed against sin and disobedience.
Oh Jerusalem.
Jerusalem...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment