Wednesday 9 September 2015

Light.

She was was a light to me. When she was near me, she drove the darkness and the creatures that lived In it away.
I did not desire the light, but I thought, as long as she is with me, I have nothing to fear.
I had forgotten that wherever light is not, darkness is.
I indulged in my darkness, thinking that her light would drive away the monsters of the dark.
Until the monsters began to grow inside me.
I began to hate her, for in my heart I loved the creatures.
I feared the creatures.
Her light was insistent, shining where I desired not.
Revealing what I wanted not.
The creatures loved the dark. I loved the dark.
The creatures hated her. I hated her.
I wanted that light snuffed out.
Out of my life, out of my home. Out of my heart.
And so, I killed it.
And so, I went dark.
And I began to fear, for I realised one more thing the creatures wanted.
My death.
But I would not admit it, for I loved the creatures.
I feared the creatures.
I screamed for salvation. I revelled in darkness.
I SCREAMED FOR SALVATION!
And then, at my heart's door, the light was knocking.
It knocks still.
He knocks still.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment